Today it is September. Guys, how did this happen?!? Summer is basically over and that is absolutely crazy to me! I don't know where time goes, but it goes quickly! I was trying to think of goals for this month and I feel like I just worked on August goals like last week. Ahh. But anyways, here we are once again. Setting goals, improving our lives, and making our days full of happy things. Goal setting makes me excited. Setting new goals allows you so much opportunity for growth and change in your life. All good things! You'll learn so much about yourself and what you're truly after by setting some goals and taking steps towards achieving them. Set goals, work on them, reach your dreams. Not exactly easy, but oh so worth it!
August Goals Review
- Manage Money I didn't do this. Ahhh. There's no excuse for why other than just being lazy with things. I did spend quite modestly though and I believe that I usually do. So going forward I just plan to be cautious as usual. I don't want to be too strict with myself but I don't want to go crazy with things either. Balance.
- Prepare snacks I did this!! Woo. The only problem was that I ate all of the snacks on my first day back at work. Whoops! At least they were there for me then though. I'll just have to start making double batches it seems like!
- Job search I've been doing this every. single. day. and even though I don't have something yet I am working my way towards it I believe! Last week I got a call from my neighbor asking me to fill in as a receptionist for her. It was an extremely random and unexpected phone call. I did it last week one day and I have another day this week. I don't think it'll become permanent but I have faith that it's leading me to something great.
- Create a bucket list I didn't create my own personal bucket list. But I created one with Darrin and I'm really excited about it. We have so many things written down already and it's so nice to have them documented so that we can actually get them done without forgetting about them!
I am pretty content with my August goals and what I have accomplished. Honestly the receptionist job has me feeling so positive and excited for the coming month. I just feel as if something good is coming my way and I can't wait to experience it all fully. I've been working on myself a lot this summer and I decided to make my September goals all about self care and specifically friendship/socializing. I suggest that you all do the same! Or at least incorporate one goal related to self care into your own monthly goals!
- Check in with a friend at least once a week Most of my friends live far away from me. I'm pretty terrible at keeping in contact with them unless they contact me first. I have always been this way, sort of like if you're not going to talk to me then I'm not going to talk to you. I know that sounds bad and I'm only that way because I feel like I'm bothering the other person usually. Which I'm most likely not doing at all. But it's something I need to work on. I want to do it by contacting one of my long distance friends at least once a week. Even if it's only to say hi. Just something!
- Make plans to do something with friends at least 2 times this month I am very introverted. I enjoy spending my time on my own and if I'm not on my own then I want to be with Darrin. I don't do a lot with friends and I am comfortable and content with that. But I want to branch out a bit. I want to go meet up with people for dinners or something. I have a few ideas in mind and I am determined to make it happen. I think that spending my time with a few inspiring friends will be good for me in many ways!
- Put more thought into my Instagram captions Some of you might be like "what?!?" and wonder why this is a goal of mine. I want to put more thought into my Instagram captions because I feel as if it's a better way to connect to people and build up my community. I never know exactly what to write but I want to start putting my heart into it and really putting myself out there so that I am able to connect with others.
- Smile at and/or compliment one person each day I want to start smiling and/or complimenting people every day that I'm out somewhere. It's an easy task but I feel like it's not something that I do enough of and something that the world could use more of. So I'm ready to make it happen!
That's it for this month! I feel like these all sound like fairly simple goals but that's totally okay. Small goals add up to larger ones over time and these are all ways that I'd like to improve in my life. It's a constant process of progress and I am so happy to experience it all.
What are your goals for this month? How did August go?! I'd love to hear all about it!