Can you believe it's already been a month since I set my first set of goals that I've shared on this blog?! That's crazy to me. But here we are with another month done and in my eyes it's another month closer to warmer weather. That's definitely something to celebrate! How did your March go? Did you set some goals? If so I'm curious to know how it went! Today I'm going to go over the goals I set and let you know how they went and I'm going to set some new goals for this rainy spring month!
March Goals Review
- Stick to a bedtime and regulate a sleep schedule This is something that I constantly need to work on. I haven't stayed up later than 45 minutes past my bedtime, so that's good! Much better than in the past and I'm definitely going to try to keep improving it and sticking to it consistently.
- Get outside at least 3 times each week for at least 30 minutes Ehhh. I'm not really sure how this went. March was a very cold month here in Pennsylvania, but on the days that it wasn't snowing, raining, or below 40F degrees I was definitely outside! I have a very good feeling that April will be much better for this goal.
- Post on here at least 3 times a week I definitely didn't do this. The past two weeks I've been having a tough time with Create N Plate in general. It's been a struggle but now that I've overcome that I'm ready to make this happen for real.
- Organize my computer and hard drive I did this!! It was hard and it definitely wasn't fun. But I made it happen and I am so glad that I did!
- Read 2 books This happened! I really got into Gillian Flynn this month and read both Dark Places and Sharp Objects. Loved them both!
- Cook a new recipe each week I have definitely been a lot more creative in the kitchen and have tried out a bunch of new recipes from other bloggers. It's really rewarding to do so and even beginning to become fun!
I'm pretty excited about my results from my goal setting for this past month. Even though I didn't achieve some of them, I am definitely more aware of what I need to fix and am ready to improve it all. Goal setting is really beneficial because you get the chance to become aware of things in your life that make everything just a little tougher and get the chance to improve it.
- Work more on really putting myself out there I struggle with censoring myself on here more than I know that I need to and I want that to change. Blogging isn't easy. You're constantly putting yourself out there for anyone and everyone to see. It's amazing and very beneficial, but also kind of scary. So I'm going to work on being more open and writing more on here that I always want to do but am usually so hesitant. No more!
- Find and write down three good things from each day In 2014 I wrote down one positive thing from my day every single day for the whole year. I have them all in a jar. I started doing that for 2015 too, but stopped not too far into January. So mad at myself for that! But it's in the past, so it's okay. I want to start keeping track again in some way. I do write every single day, so I might just add it to my writings. But regardless, I want to make it happen. No matter how bad the day may seem there is always at least three good things from that day. Focusing on those positives is important.
- Oil pull everyday About a week ago I started oil pulling. I've wanted to try it for the longest time but it always slipped my mind until I was already well into my day. I started last week though and have been finding amazing benefits from it! Really. I just take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around in my mouth for 15-20 minutes. Then I rinse my mouth and brush my teeth. I love it so much and definitely want to continue with it to make it a habit.
- Meditate consistently I have never been very consistent with this. But when I do it I always find it beneficial and wonder why I don't make it a regular thing in my life. So that needs to happen! And it's going to starting right now. Even if it's just 5 minutes each day, which is such a small amount of time out of my day, it's happening. I'm excited about it too because I don't have much to say about it now but I feel like at the end of the month then I'll have a ton of stuff to share about what I've learned and how it's transformed me!
- Talk more about veganism I've been having a tough time lately because I don't feel as if I'm doing enough as a vegan. I've been trying to come up with different ways to spread the message more. But there's a fine line between educating and coming off as "preachy." So I'm kind of stuck because don't know how to go about that exactly without receiving (too much) negative feedback. I want to do so much more than just live a vegan lifestyle and I think I'll begin to use Instagram as a platform to reach out and see where that takes me! I just have to drop the fear and the "what if's" and do it.
That's it for this month! I always try to set goals that are easily achieved over a smaller period of time and that would add stress or pressure in my life if I don't reach them. At the end of the day as long as you're setting goals and being more aware of them than your were in the past then you're already ahead of the game! Did you set goals? If so, let me know what they are and we can use each other as support in reaching our goals. Keep positive, stay motivated, and have fun!