If you've been following me for a while now then you know that I have been trying to decide what direction I want to take this website. I really can do anything with it at this point and I have thought a lot about it. I think that I finally know what I want. I have a vision and I'm going to make it happen. I'm going to create the site that I want to share with all of you. What do I have in mind? Well I love sharing food recipes with you. It truly is my favorite thing and I don't want to stop doing that at all. But I want more. I don't want to settle for just having this be a recipe blog. (There is obviously nothing wrong with blogs that focus strictly on recipes!) I want more and I know that I am capable of sharing more content with the world that will be beneficial to at least someone out there! I spend a lot of time reading other blogs and whatnot. I love how connected you can become through the internet. It's amazing and each day I am so grateful to be able to connect with all of you through emails, instagram, facebook, etc. That really is my main goal, to connect with all of you. Everyone who interacts with me via some form of social media inspires me. I mean that. I want us all to inspire each other, to create amazing things. Let's all create the lives that we want. Sound good?!
How are we going to do that? Well I'm going to start making goals each month that I'll share with you right here! You can either comment below with your goals, send 'em to me via email, or keep them somewhere for yourself. Ideally I'd like to do this the first or second day of the month which will happen in the future. But since I just came up with this idea a few days ago I'm doing it now. Better late than never, right?!
Each month these goals will become a very important piece of my life. They might be small goals and seem insignificant, but small steps in the right direction add up to great progression over time!
- Stick to a bedtime and regulate a sleep schedule - Sleep is so important. I truly believe that the amount of sleep that you get is as important as the foods that you consume. Sleep is a crucial part of living a healthy lifestyle! I am already pretty decent at maintaining a good bedtime and sleep schedule. But I could be better with it. I want to get no less than 8 hours of sleep per night. 10p.m. to 6a.m. is the goal. I love mornings and get the most done earlier in the day so I need to make this happen each night. (Yes even weekends!)
- Get outside at least 3 times each week for at least 30 minutes - If it was July, I would exceed this goal 100 times over. But it's March and the past 5 months haven't been too ideal for outside adventures. I love being outdoors and receive so much energy from nature. Winter is tough because I am unable to go outside as much as I'd prefer. So now that it's somewhat nice out, I want to spend 30 minutes a day at least 3 times a week outside. No excuses, no exceptions.
- Post on here at least 3 times a week - I'm not sure if I want to set a schedule so that I post on here on specific days, or if I want to just post 3 times throughout the week whenever I get the chance. But regardless, I want to share more! Working my "real job" makes it tough for me to create and share 3 recipes each week. So I'm really excited to post three times per week about other things as well as recipes!
- Organize my computer and hard drive - This will be a tough one for me. My computer is chaotically organized and I definitely have a lot that I can do to make things go a lot smoother. But this isn't something that I particularly enjoy doing, so it'll be tough for me to sit down and work through. But it'll happen!
- Read 2 books - It's very hard for me to start reading a new book after I finish one. But I really enjoy reading, I just don't do it as much as I'd like. For some reason I always make excuses or get distracted. I have a little over 2 weeks to read two books and I really want to make it happen. Reading is a great way for me to relax and also inspires me in so many ways once I get into a book.
- Cook a new recipe each week - You're probably wondering why this is a goal of mine. Well I hate cooking. Yes, I really don't enjoy it. I'll put a ton of effort and time into making dessert recipes, I love that! But cooking meals isn't my strong point. This month I want to find a recipe from another blogger every week and try it out. Hopefully by doing this once a week then I'll eventually work my way up to a couple of times per week! I do believe that cooking is awesome and very rewarding so maybe doing this will help me get into it a bit more. Anyone have any recipe recommendations?!
That's it! I didn't want to create too many goals to stress me out. But I wanted to create enough that would keep me busy each day. If you set a few goals like this each month, by the end of the year you'd have the ability to change your lifestyle completely. So many opportunities for good changes!
Have you ever created monthly goals like this? Are you interested in starting? Let me know!